Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Where Have I Been?

I can’t believe how long it’s been since I properly updated this blog. Part of that was intentional, and part was unintentional, so I guess I will start with the intentional, because that is always easier to explain.

Running up into Masonic Week at Washington D.C. I was reading more and more distasteful things in the Freemason Internet world. See passionate Freemasons can became like rabid Star Trek fans, year long arguments will reign over such things as how to wear your Masonic ring, to the always touchy subject of recognition. While these arguments are good mental exercises, one gets tired of reading the same tirades, by the same people (no matter how many times they change their username) who won’t concede anything and will just beat their “point” into the ground. This type of behavior wasn’t what I needed at that point in my Freemason journey. So I just stopped reading the mailing lists/blogs/fourms and concentrated on what was important to me at the time, learning the work.

So what has happened since my last post? Not a lot, my involvement in the Chapter and Council, along with my involvement with the Commandery has grown. I enjoy learning the work in all of them, and find the Commandery particularly interesting, just because it’s a very different take than the Blue Lodge, but some how very familiar, I just can’t put my finger on it. Still in the mean time I have learned the Masters Lecture in true form, I only stumble at one part, towards the end. Otherwise, I am pretty damn close to having the lecture down, and giving it at the next MM ceremony. For Chapter I have been learning the part of Principal Sojourner, which has been a lot of fun.

I guess that blogging or Freemasonry in general is like all things, its best taken in moderation. So here is starting to read again, in moderation of course. 

1 comment:

tao1776 said...

Everything in moderation, Brother! Even moderation!