Thursday, April 12, 2007

Moving On From EA

So last night I was given the opportunity to show my proficiency and to move onto the degree of Fellow Craft. I felt more prepared than my reading the first time around, and took it upon myself to practice in my head the parts. During one of the question and answers sections, I must answer “Therefore so should they be situated”, which looks really easy but was a nightmare to keep straight in my head, I still don’t know if I wrote it down properly.

So we had fellowship, there is still tension in the lodge regarding the roof, which I don’t feel would be appropriate to discuss here. From fellowship I had to wait downstairs while the MMs take care of business. From there they closed the meeting and reopened in the EA, so I could prove my proficiency, I was moving along and doing great, next thing you know I drew a blank towards the end of the second part, I was so ready to be finished that I was already thinking of the third part, and lost my train of thought. After a couple of rough questions and answers, I was back to chugging along. They then voted, and accepted my proficiency (to much my amazement).

They then rushed me off to the anti-chamber to get ready. Brother Richard told me he was going to be the worshipful master, so that the previous forgetfulness was not to happen again. For some reason, that pride in the Craft made me happy. I went in the anti-chamber fully relaxed. The Senior Deacon was more nervous then myself during the ceremony. I tried so hard to pay attention to everything and while the similarities were there as from before this time, they were still some aspects significantly different.

After the ceremony, the brothers of course congratulated me and were very nice. The younger brothers (which most of them were for this degree) came up and told me how it is down hill from here, and what not. I really do look forward to learning the catechism, because I felt like I learned a lot from the last degree, the biggest lesson was of course that patience, in Masonry is a major factor in realizing all of the forms and beauties of Freemasonry.

4 comments:

Seeker of Light said...

Congrats my brother! Ive oft been told the same thing that its easy once you finish up EA. Ill hopefully know in a few more weeks!

Horseshoes and Handgrenades said...

Congratulations! I went through mine two days after you. One more degree to go!

I'm just starting to learn my Fellowcraft catechism, but it seems to be much easier than the Entered Apprentice one!

Tom Accuosti said...

Excellent! Congrats and best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, brother. I will taking my EA examination next month. I have studied hard and pray that I make no mistakes.